4In search of the next
IAIE World Conference Site!
One of the best ways to grow enthusiasm for Invitational Education in your local region is to apply to host an IAIE World Conference. The site for a World Conference is set at least 1 1/2 years in advance of the event. A local conference director and committee of volunteers work closely with the Executive Director to:
- determine if there is sufficient local school interest in IE, as well as a few schools that intend to apply for the Inviting School Award and may serve as school visit sites.
- find a hotel with sufficient guest rooms, a large general session room that will accommodate 250 – 300 people at banquet tables, and 6 breakout rooms for three to four days in the late fall.
- research airfare and proximity to an international airport.
- commit to introducing local schools and universities to Invitational Education at several introductory workshops at least one year in advance.
- commit to developing an email list of educators at schools and universities in the local area that might be interested in attending.
- volunteer to develop interesting excursions and school visits for participants.
Please contact Kathy Fields, our Executive Director, to discuss your region’s interest in hosting a World Conference!! We look forward to working with you.