Benefits of IAIE Membership
Members of the International Alliance for Invitational Education (IAIE) have a unique opportunity to share positive climate strategies with educators, healthcare, and business professionals all over the world. Together we foster innovative approaches to academic learning, professional helping, organizational leadership, human motivation, and interpersonal relationships.
The Alliance is dedicated to helping each member learn and apply inviting practices to meet his or her specific interests and needs. Please contact us to let us know how we can best serve you.
All members are invited to become actively involved in the Alliance. There are many ways to contribute your ideas and energy, including joining an IAIE Committee. Contact our Executive Director if you would like more information about getting involved.
Check out our Regional Leader Chart to locate an IAIE leader in your region who is ready to connect you with IAIE activities and members in your part of the world.
IAIE members enjoy the opportunity to:
- Receive a FREE copy of Fundamentals of Invitational Education, 2nd Edition
- Interact with colleagues all over the world through online discussion forums and conference calls, as well as in-person gatherings such as local workshops, Chapter meetings, and the annual World Conference.
- Apply for the International Inviting School Award and receive guidance in your implementation of Invitational Education at a school or university.
- Participate in the IAIE International Student Group Exchange Program with inviting schools in the US and Hong Kong. School groups may host and/or travel.
- Receive and contribute to the Journal of Invitational Theory and Practice, IAIE’s annual publication that promotes the study, application, and research of invitational theory. Members have access to the full Journal archives.
- Receive and contribute to the quarterly Invitational Education Forum newsletter.
- Receive discounted registration rates to Invitational Education Conference and Institutes.
- Use the Inviting School Survey-Revised to evaluate your school’s climate and receive a fully dis-aggregated detailed report of your survey results.
- Have full access to all IAIE “Members Only” articles, activities, videos, presentations, and favorite quotations.
Types of Membership
The membership term is one full year from the date that you join. Individuals may join as Standard, Senior Active, or Full Time Student members. Institutional memberships include membership benefits for five members of a school or organization. Institutional Membership is required for participation in the Inviting School Award and Exchange Programs.
Individual Membership Categories:
Standard: $50 (USD) – Standard members are professionals that are working in related fields of interest.
Senior Active: $35 (USD) – Senior Active members are retired professionals, age 65+
Student: $25 (USD) – Student members are FULL TIME undergraduate or graduate students
Institutional: $175 (USD) – includes 5 members of one organization or school
The Institutional Membership for a school or a department indicates that the institution has made a commitment to learn about Invitational Education. The Institutional Membership is intended to serve an entire school, organization, or a department at the college level.
Each institution is invited to provide the names and email addresses of FIVE MEMBER REPRESENTATIVES from their organization. We suggest naming five people in your organization who are committed to initiating and supporting Invitational Education, and will take responsibility for sharing ideas and information with all of your organization’s members. It is helpful to have a building administrator in your group, however, that person does not have to be the lead member.
In school districts, the most effective way to improve school climate is by working at the building level. We recommend having an institutional membership for each school in your district. It is also helpful to have an institutional membership for your district office staff. All schools that apply to become Inviting Schools or participate in the IAIE Exchange Program are required to be institutional.